Here is a great rainy day project to do with the kids and bring laughter into the home! Each week Sharon at Mom on Dealz brings you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal and I recommend checking out the Mom on Dealz Kid Corner for more ideas and projects!
- Discuss with your child a design they would like for their glasses. For us, it’s a no brainer~my son is crazy about rockets right now so we chose to have “rocket glasses”. Any shape you can come up with will work. Keep in mind, I am NOT an artist but here is our design.
- Draw your design on cardstock and have your child color and decorate the glasses BEFORE you cut them out.
- Tape the sides to the eye pieces and viola-homemade sunglasses!
*You could also add plastic wrap to the eye pieces to make them appear more like glasses!*
- Language Arts: Have your child “read” the room with their new glasses. They can wear their glasses to find letters, sight words you’ve hidden, or they can pick out objects around the house and create a story using them!
- Math: Have your child measure their head to make sure the sides of the glasses will be the correct length/size when they are making the craft.
- Science: Discuss the reason we need sunglasses (sun UV protection) and you can do some experiments with the sun.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.