Each week Sharon at Mom on Dealz brings you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. Since May 19th is Armed Forces Day this week’s project is perfect for celebrating the military.
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page.
Military Thank You Bookmarks
- Card Stock
- Clip Art
- Glue/Mod Podge
- Cut out bookmarks from white or colored card stock.
- Have your child color and decorate them, including a “Thank You” Message.
- Cover the completed book marks with Mod Podge to protect the homemade gifts.
- Language Arts: Have your child create thank you cards to go with the bookmarks.
- Science: Discuss magnets and their properties. Then create a magnetic picture frame to honor a soldier your family knows.
- Create A Care Package: Include the book mark and other needed items for the soldier. Some frequently requested items are deodorant, snack mixes, ziploc bags, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sunscreen, phone cards, etc.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.