Here is a project you can do with any extra pool noodles you may have. If you are saying “But I don’t have a pool” I don’t either but I use these noodles for protecting the sharp edges on our camper. So not only can they be used for the pool or this craft project but think of all the ways you can use them as bumpers for the kids. We just slice them down the middle and slip over the sharp edge.
To create this awesome Pool Noodle Fire Cracker project by Leandrea at Coupons Are Great you will need:
- Pool Noodle new/used – cheap is good!
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Card stock or construction paper
- Decorations/4th of July Picks
- Measure the pool noodle to the length you want it to be. Mark on the front and the back. My card stock was 12×12 so I wanted 6″ fire crackers. I measured my pool noodle at 5 and 7/8 inches.
- Draw a line around the pool noodle. I used a sewing measuring tape to do this, but you can also use your card stock too!
- Cut the pool noodle on the line the you just drew on the cutting board with a knife.
- Cut your paper to the length of the pool noodle. I found it was easier to cut the paper 1/8″ longer
- Trace the pool noodle circle on a scrap of paper and cut. Poke a hole in the center if you are going to embellish with pipe cleaners or garland.
- Glue the circle on to the pool noodle
- Tape the paper to the pool noodle. You could glue as well. No one is going to see the back of my craft so I opted for tape.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.