Each week Momondealz brings us a craft that is fun, educational, and frugal! January 19th is National Popcorn Day and with Valentines less than a month away, this craft is a delicious and fun way to celebrate both!
2 Bags of Microwave Popcorn
3.5 Tablespoons Butter
1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
(1) 3 oz Strawberry Jello
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter (or knife)
- Pop both bags of popcorn and set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add entire package of marshmallow and melt, stirring frequenlty.
- Remove from the heat and add 1/2 of the package of jello powder and stir.
- Add 1 and 1/2 bags of the popped popcorn to the melted marshmallows and mix well.
- Spread out on wax paper and cut or form heart shapes.
To see the educational activities that coincide with this craft/recipe, visit Momondealz here.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.