Each week Momondealz brings you an educational, fun, and frugal craft. January 29th is National Puzzle Day and since Valentine’s Day gifts are on everyone’s minds, she has combined the 2 holidays! ! If you have missed past crafts, you can visit them at Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page!
Popsicle Puzzle Making
- Cut image of your child’s choice to desired size.
- Lay picture down and line up popsicle sticks beside it to ensure you have the correct number of sticks.
- Line the sticks in a row and tape them down on your work space (I used a plastic grocery bag to avoid messes).
- Apply Modge Podge on the back of the photo/image and glue it to the sticks. Allow to dry.
- Flip sticks and image over and apply adhesive to the entire back of the sticks. Allow to dry.
- Using sharp scissors or craft knife, cut the sticks apart.
- Apply Modge Podge to the front of each individual stick (this will prolong their life in the hands of toddlers). Allow to dry.
Valentine Gift Tags:
I created the tags on Print Shop using an image I found on the internet. Then I cut red circles from card stock and attached the tags to them. Simple! Then we put the the sticks in the goody bags and punched a hole in the tags to attach them to the baggies. We will also add some candy in the bags when we finish them!
Note: You can also tape down the popsicle sticks and have your child color their own picture (depending on their skill level).
*If you don’t want Popsicle puzzles, you can also purchase blank traditional puzzles and add your images to those as well.
To see the educational activities that coincide with this craft, visit Momondealz HERE
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.