Now that the weather has started to turn cooler it doesn’t mean your grill is out of commission until next Summer. In fact, grilling during Fall and Winter can be an easy and healthy healthy way to make your meals!
I had heard of grilling fruit but had never tried it. This recipe did NOT disappoint. Fresh grilled peaches over quality vanilla ice cream or yogurt and strawberries, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and topped with mint.
- One pint of quality vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- One pint of fresh strawberries
- 4-5 fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Handful of mint springs
- Slice and remove pits from peaches. Toss in a bowl with vanilla and set aside while grill heats up.
- Over medium heat, place peach slices on grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Turn until you get nice grill marks on each side.
- While cooking, place 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in four bowls and allow to soften a bit.
- Top ice cream with freshly grilled peaches, sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle each bowl of ice cream with balsamic vinegar and top with mint.
This recipe is both unique and delicious – put your grill into overdrive and use it for dinner and dessert!
A wonderfully fresh dessert that is unique and delicious!
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.