I had hoped to post this earlier today but with appointments before school starts tomorrow it’s a bit late this week. Some of the recipes will be for lunch since I will be packing my daughter’s lunch…and will need to keep things interesting for her so she will eat. I hope you enjoy these recipes and check out other Menu Plan Monday at OrgJunkie.com!
- Spinach and Tomato Quiche with Potato Crust * You can use a regular pie crust if you don’t want to use a handmade potato crust
- Pork Chop with Pineapple Salsa
- Something with Pesto! I will attempt to make my own!
Cheese, Apple and Chutney Sandwich*
Ingredients (per serving):
- 2-3 tbsp grated mature cheese (or you can use shredded cheese)
- 1/2 small apple, cored and grated
- 1 Seeded Whole Wheat Bun
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, grated
- 5 tbsp white win vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Put all the chutney ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover the pan and cook another 20 minutes.
- Mix together the cheese, apple and 2 teaspoons of chutney. Cut the bun in half and add filling.
* From the book “The Top 100 Recipes For A Healthy Lunchbox” by Nicola Graimes.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.