If you’re looking for an inexpensive and creative option at your next birthday party or Summer camp, mini party hats are a great option. These economical and adorable little hats coordinate with a variety of themes including American Girl Doll parties, any stuffed animal parties (we recently had a Beanie Boo party) and more. This encourages creativity and really gets the giggles going! The end result? More party guests! We gave mini Beanie Boos as a favor instead of a bag of plastic items and each child got to decorate a party hat. The guests loved it and I loved the fact that it was more frugal than the usual party loot!
- Paper party hats made from poster board or scrapbooking paper. You can find patterns on the internet or draw a wide triangle with a rounded bottom and tap together in a cone shape. I did this freehand and although it took me a few times, I was able to great my own template without issue.
- A variety of hat embellishments including tissue paper flower toppers, pom poms, stickers, crepe paper, markers, etc
- Rubber bands, cut into one string or ribbon
- Set your party station up so that the hats are accessible and you have enough for each guest. It’s always good to make a couple extra hats
- Let each guest choose their hat and begin to decorate – anything goes! It’s also a great idea to make one ahead of time to display so that they can get an idea of what they might want to do
- Once finished, help each guest either staple or glue a rubber band or ribbon onto the bottom of their hat to use as a chin strap
- Enjoy the party!
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.