Ever since I saw someone do this I’ve been wanting to try it at home. So a few weeks ago when we got our chicken order from the farmer we took one of the chickens, a can of beer and some seasoning and fired up the grill.
- 1 whole chicken (4-6 pounds)
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- salt & pepper pepper
- dry spice rub or mixture
- 1 can beer
- Take cleaned and neck/giblet free chicken and rub with the olive or vegetable oil to lightly coat the outside
- Take salt, pepper and any dry spice rub or mixture and rub over outside and inside of chicken
- Open beer can and empty half of beer (my husband enjoyed this part). Place opened and half filled beer can inside the chicken. It is easier to place can on the countertop and slip the chicken over the beer can.
- Balance the chicken on the heated grill and cover for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees in the thigh.
- Let rest before cutting chicken
The best part is after you carve the chicken you can use the leftover chicken for BBQ Chicken Spinach Pizza (our favorite) or Quesadillas!
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.