If you haven’t already, sign up for the Earthbound Farm newsletter and email alerts on their website and you can enjoy great tips, coupon alerts and recipes like this Carrot Snack Bars recipe. They also usually post a new coupon each week (which I share with you) plus offer great tips and ideas.
- 1 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/3 cups Light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 cup Grated carrot (packed)
- 3/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 7 x 11-inch rectangular or a 9-inch square baking pan, then line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper. Butter the paper and set the pan aside.
- Place the flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the coconut, carrots, raisins and pecans, and stir to blend. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, butter and vanilla. Add to the flour-carrot mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out and let the cake finish cooling on the rack. Cut into 12 bars to serve.
source: Earthbound Farm
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.