All this next week I will showcase one great recipe from my friend Jenny at The Healthified Mom. Each recipe is a spin on an existing recipe but has been “healthified” to be more health conscious and have less calories. Today’s recipe Coffee Chip Muffins makes 8 servings and has a total time of 25 minutes.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T instant coffee grounds
- 1 c fat free milk
- 1/4 c + 2 T canola oil
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray (if you’re using a silicon pan, skip this step).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coffee and milk and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in the oil, eggs, and vanilla until mixed well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Add the chocolate chips and stir until blended.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full of batter. Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the center muffin comes out clean.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.