All this week I will showcase one great recipe from my friend Jenny at The Healthified Mom. Each recipe is a spin on an existing recipe but has been “healthified” to be more health conscious and have less calories. Today’s recipe Mini Taco Pizza has only 498 calories and 16 grams of fat per serving! This recipe makes 6 servings and has a total time of 35 minutes.
- 1 pkg (1.25oz) reduced sodium taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 can (16oz) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (8oz) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 6 whole wheat pita bread rounds (or 2 pre-baked 12″ pizza crusts)
- 2 c reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 cans (14.5oz ea) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained well
- 1 c shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix with refried beans and tomato sauce. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, prepare beef according to the taco seasoning package directions using the remaining taco seasoning.
- Place pita breads on baking sheet. Evenly distribute and spread refried beans on pita breads. Do the same with the cheese, beef, and drained tomatoes. (If using 12″ pre-baked pizza crust, just split the ingredients between 2 pizzas.)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is crisp (or golden brown for pre-baked pizza crust). Cool slightly then top each pizza with lettuce and serve immediately.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.