Here is the simple Oreo Truffle recipe that you can change to make your own very special treat!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo Cookies or 4 sleeves
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- Take 3 and a half sleeves of Oreo Cookies and place in food processor (or similar device) until finely ground. You can use a rolling pin and large Ziploc bag if you do not have a food processor.
- Add cream cheese and mix until blended well. Roll cookie mixture into about 1-inch in diameter balls.
- Grind remaining 1/2 sleeve of Oreo Cookies and set aside.
- Melt chocolate on a double boiler (or two pots with boiling water in the bottom pot). Once chocolate is melted and completely liquified remove from heat and dip truffles in chocolate and place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. If chocolate becomes clumpy add a little milk to help liquify the chocolate again.
- Sprinkle dipped truffles with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate about one hour until firm. Store leftover truffles covered in refrigerator.
- Chocolate: Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, etc.
- Cookie: Oreo Cookie, Oreo Mint Cookies, Nutter Butter Cookies, etc.
- Topping: Crushed Oreo, Ground Coconut Flakes (becomes powder-like), Crushed Toffee, Crushed Almonds, Melted Chocolate Ribbons, Sprinkles, etc.
- You can refrigerate the truffles before dipping them in chocolate to help reduce the amount of clumps that may form in the melted chocolate.
- You can really mix and match any of the variations to make an entire box of assorted truffles. I think I found my new Holiday tradition!
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.