All this week I will showcase one great recipe from my friend Jenny at The Healthified Mom. Each recipe is a spin on an existing recipe but has been “healthified” to be more health conscious and have less calories. Today’s recipe Strawberry Shortcake Puffs has only 175 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving! This recipe makes 9 servings and has a total time of 25 minutes.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, trimmed and cut into 4 slices each
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 of a 17.3oz package of puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 container (8oz) fat free whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the sliced strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl. Refrigerate.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on parchment paper forming a square. Cut the pastry sheet into 9 squares by cutting 3 strips (along the fold lines) and then cutting each strip into 3 squares.
- Place pastries on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown (don’t remove them too soon!). Remove from baking sheet and place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers horizontally making 18 squares total.
- If desired, put thawed whipped topping in a bowl and whisk rapidly until smooth.
- Spread whipped topping on bottom pastry layers and top with strawberries. Add second pastry on top and add another layer of whipped topping and strawberries.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.