All this next week I will showcase one great recipe from my friend Jenny at The Healthified Mom. Each recipe is a spin on an existing recipe but has been “healthified” to be more health conscious and have less calories. Today’s recipe Tortellini with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce makes 6 servings and has a total time of 27 minutes.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg (16oz) frozen cheese tortellini
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes, spinach, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream and cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- While sauce is simmering, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain after cooked.
- Once sauce is thickened, toss with cooked tortellini. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.