Each day this week I will be showcasing a great recipe from my friend Jessica at Barefoot by the Sea that is sure to please your taste buds! Most recipes are made with organic and healthy alternatives however you can always substitute with non-organic items if you wish.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or more, if you like)
- 1/3 cup organic sugar (dry)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup applesauce (no sugar added!)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (plain or vanilla work well)
- 1 apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and chop your apple
- Thoroughly mix dry ingredients (oats through sugar) in a large bowl.
- Mix the mashed banana, applesauce, and almond milk (I do the banana and applesauce first, then kind of whip in the milk).
- Mix the wet into the dry and toss in the apples
- Bake for about 15 minutes, but try to take out as soon as they look done (over cooking makes them a little bit harder, but still just as tasty)
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.