If you love salted caramel anything like I do then you will love these simple and yummy Salted Caramel Popcorn Bites! Perfect for a Halloween party or even for the Holidays you can dress them up even more by adding bits of chocolate covered pretzels to the recipe – my favorite!
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Using a large pot (with a lid), add in the kernels and oil. Cook on medium until all kernels have popped. You can also use a bag of popcorn and put it in the microwave.
- Using a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup.
- Cook until a candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees. Low off heat.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid to the cooked popcorn. Let it cool until you can safety touch it.
- Using greased hands (this is mess), roll the popcorn into bite sizes.
- Using a small saucepan, heat the caramel sauce and add in the sea salt.
- Drizzle the salted caramel sauce on top of the popcorn bites.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.