Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Beef Stew by Jenny at The Healthified Mom and Freebie Spot that is sure to warm you on a chilly night! Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook for seven hours and yield about 5 servings.
- 1 lb beef or venison stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 can (14.5oz) beef broth
- 1 can (11.5oz) V8 juice
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T cold water
- 1 c frozen mixed vegetables
- Combine first 12 ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew.
- Stir in mixed vegetables, cover, and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker with free shipping to store.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.