I personally love chicken and dumplings so I was excited to find an easy recipe to try. One thing to note is I put more celery and potatoes in then called for so I had to add more water to the pot in order for it to not be a large mess. Good rule of thumb is to keep the water level at 2/3 of the pot if it’s a soup or stew.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)**
- 2 cups whole baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano**
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- Place the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir the soup, water, oregano and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Increase the heat to HIGH. Tilt the lid to vent and cook for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked in the center.
*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Want more recipes? Check out 1,001 Best Slow-Cooker Recipes: The Only Slow-Cooker Cookbook You’ll Ever Need for more recipes.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon offers great deals on slow cookers including Crock-Pot SCCPRP500-LTD 5-Quart Round Programmable Slow Cooker, Limited Edition Pattern and Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.