Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Orange Cranberry Chicken by Jenny at The Healthified Mom and Freebie Spot that is sure to warm you on a chilly night! Prep time should be about 10 minutes and will cook for four hours and yield about 6 servings. If you have a big crock pot (about 6qt) you can double the batch and when finished put half in gallon size bag for the freezer!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 3/4 c Russian salad dressing
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 2oz pkg fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 c no-pulp orange juice
- 1 can (16oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
- Lightly spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix together the dressing, soup mix, bacon, orange juice, and cranberry sauce.
- Pour mixture evenly over the chicken, cover, and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
I recommend spreading the chicken out as evenly as possible in order to get the most coverage from your sauce. And never, ever lift the lid off your slow cooker. If you do it just once, you may need to add 30 minutes or more to your cooking time.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker with free shipping to store.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.