Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Corn Chowder by Mackenzie at The Centsible Family that is a New England classic and great for a chilly winter night!
- 2 cans (16 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 to 3 medium potatoes, finely chopped
- 2 oz of heat and serve bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk or half & half
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Combine first 5 ingredients in slow cooker and add pepper and/or salt to taste. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Stir in milk and butter; cover and cook on HIGH about 30 to 60 minutes longer.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker with free shipping to store.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.