This week’s recipe is Orange Cranberry Chicken by Jenny at The Healthified Mom and Freebie Spot that is sure to warm you on a chilly night! Prep time should be about 10 minutes and will cook for four hours and yield about 6 servings. If you have a big crock pot (about 6qt) you can double the batch and when finished put half in gallon size bag for the freezer!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 3/4 c Russian salad dressing
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 2oz pkg fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 c no-pulp orange juice
- 1 can (16oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
- Lightly spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix together the dressing, soup mix, bacon, orange juice, and cranberry sauce.
- Pour mixture evenly over the chicken, cover, and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
I recommend spreading the chicken out as evenly as possible in order to get the most coverage from your sauce.
Each Tuesday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
Want more recipes? Check out 1,001 Best Slow-Cooker Recipes: The Only Slow-Cooker Cookbook You’ll Ever Need for more recipes.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon is having a “Crocktober” Fest until November 30th with a $5 cash back rebate offer. Order any of the crock-pot slow cookers and you can get $5 back through their rebate. Prices range from $29.88 Crock-Pot SCCPRP500-LTD 5-Quart Round Programmable Slow Cooker, Limited Edition Pattern to the $79.99 Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.