Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Turkey Heart-Shaped Meatloaf by Sharon at Mom on Dealz that is sure to warm the heart of you and your loved one! Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook for six to eight hours and yield about 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup ketchup (plus what you add on top)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil and black pepper
- 3 small red potatoes finely shredded
- 1/2 cup red, green, or yellow peppers, chopped (I use the frozen pepper mix)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (optional, I use them to help solidify the loaf)
- Combine all ingredients and cook in crock pot low 6-8 hours.
- Top with ketchup.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker with free shipping to store.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.