We’re always looking for creative and inexpensive ways to celebrate the holidays. St Patrick’s Day is one that we don’t want to spend a lot of money on but it’s fun to get festive. We thought a cute headband, pin, barrette or necklace would be the perfect way to celebrate the Luck of the Irish.
- Green Felt Square
- Hot Glue
- Headband, Barrette, Pin, Ribbon or String
- Needle and thread
- Trace or draw a shamrock shape onto your felt using a black marker.
- Cut the shape out using sharp scissors and flip to the opposite side to ensure no marker is visible.
- Using your needle and thread (I used white), simply stitch along the edge of the clover shape to create a nice definition.
- Using hot glue, attach the shamrock to the side of the headband and press until secure.
- Cut a small circle out of the felt and hot glue to the back of the shamrock so that a round piece of felt will be touching your daughter’s hair and not dried glue.
- You can also attach the felt shape to a barrette or a pin if you’d prefer. I even stitched the word “LUCKY” on the front of one of ours, it was a simple and sweet way to celebrate the holiday!
This is also a fun craft for ages 8 and up! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of The Centsible Family’s craft ideas for the entire family!
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.