As I wrote last month about the Tasteful Selections Sweepstakes with $5,000 in Prizes this month I thought I would share with you a recipe we tried with the Tasteful Selections potatoes. As you may know Tasteful Selections offers potatoes that are specifically grown small and harvested every April and October to provide you with the perfect bite. Their sweepstakes is still running, through November 30, 2012 with $5,000 worth of prizes including $2,500 in CASH and they asked me to share with you this great opportunity!
Potatoes with Onion & Bacon
Prep: 10 min. • Cook: 35 min. • Serves: 4
- 1lb. Tasteful Selections™ fingerling potatoes
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tsp. olive oil (divided)
- ½ sweet onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (or dried parsley)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel until cool, then crumble.
- In a separate skillet, on medium heat, sauté the onion slices in ½ tsp. olive oil until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- While the onions are caramelizing, cook the potatoes in boiling water over high heat, for about 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- When the onions are caramelized, add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute stirring constantly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to onion skillet and bring temperature to medium heat and add potatoes cooking for about 5 minutes per side.
- After cooking potatoes on each side, add the onion, garlic and bacon crumbles to the pan and heat. Serve.
Disclaimer: The Centsible Family was provided monetary compensation and a case of Tasteful Selections Honey Gold Potatoes in exchange for advertising the Tasteful Selections Sweepstakes. All opinions are honest and true and no other compensation was given. Please see my full disclosure policy for more information.
Posts on this site may contain an affiliate link. Please see full disclosure policy for more information.